SCC-accredited CyberSecure Certification, Gap Analysis and Implementation Training
CyberSecure Canada is the new federal cyber certification program for small and medium-size businesses and organizations with less than 500 employees (SMBs)
CyberSecure aims to raise the cyber security level among Canadian SMBs, increase consumer confidence in the digital economy, promote international standardization and better position SMBs to compete globally.
CyberSecure certification requires Canadian SMBs to implement baseline security controls developed by the Canadian Centre for Cyber Security. The security controls are designed to give SMBs the greatest amount of protection – with the least amount of burden.
Show Clients, Investors and Suppliers that Your Business Can Be Trusted
Customers, partners, investors and suppliers provide Canadian businesses with valuable information – and trust that their information will be kept secure.
When businesses lack strong cybersecurity measures, their data and the information entrusted to them could be at risk for:
- Theft of personal and/or confidential information
- Theft of credit card and/or financial and banking information
- Ransomware leading to catastrophic loss of business data and the disruption of services provided to customers
- Unauthorized modification of information
- Fiduciary Liability and Litigation
What can your company do to minimize cyber threats to your business?
In today’s continuously evolving cyber environment all businesses, large and small, are targets. It is increasingly difficult for small businesses to completely protect themselves against all cyber threats.
Properly implementing the CyberSecure security controls will help protect SMBs against the most widespread cyber risks.
The CyberSecure Canada security controls help your business minimize the cyber threat
The security controls outline what businesses and organizations must do to protect their cyber environment, such as computers, websites, business data, client information etc.
The security controls were developed in collaboration with the Cyber Centre, the cybersecurity experts of Canada, to help protect businesses by improving their cyber resiliency.
- Have a cyber incident response plan
- Automatically patch all software and devices
- Securely configure all software and devices
- Enable security software
- Use strong user authentication
- Provide employee awareness and training
- Backup and encrypt data
- Secure mobile devices
- Establish perimeter defenses
- Secure outsourced IT services
- Secure websites
- Have access control & authorization
- Secure portable media
The Certification Process
- To help familiarize yourself with the CyberSecure requirements, use the free E-Learning tools developed by ISED and the Cyber Centre.
- Start the Certification Application – contact Cyber Security Canada and…
- Select Cyber Security Canada as your Certification Body
- Implement Security Controls:
Cyber Security Canada can help you plan this process by performing a Gap Analysis – determining your current level of cyber security and mapping out which controls you need to add or improve before your certification audit.
We can also provide a complete training program for your IT staff, to guide them through the implementation and documentation process.
- Submit your completed documentation to Cyber Security Canada for a CyberSecure conformity assessment.
- Once your organization has successfully implemented and documented the required controls, you will be awarded certification.
- Share your certification with clients, suppliers and peers to let them know that their trust in your company is well placed.
- CyberSecure Certification is valid for 2 years, after which you will recertify.
Our CyberSecure Services
As a Certification Body, Cyber Security Canada is accredited by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) to verify that businesses have implemented all the security controls required for CyberSecure certification, according to the audit criteria established by ISED and the Cyber Centre.
CyberSecure Gap Analysis
Where does your company’s cyber security stand right now and what steps do you need to take to achieve CyberSecure certification?
To answer that question, our team of experts will analyze your current situation and prepare a custom-tailored roadmap to CyberSecure certification.
For each of the 13 controls in the Cyber Centre’s Baseline Cyber Security Controls For Small And Medium Organizations, we work with you to document your current state. Next, we prepare a step-by-step program that will bring you into compliance with the standard.
CyberSecure Implementation Training
Not every organization has an IT staff with the knowledge and experience to properly implement security policies and controls.
Cyber Security Canada can provide that expertise. We will train your IT staff, guiding them through the process of implementing, documenting and then maintaining the CyberSecure controls.
Contact Cyber Security Canada to start protecting your digital assets today.
Didn’t find your answer?
Our heroic support team can help you